Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ovie Wan Kenovie.

So apparently there is an insect problem in our apartment. We had to have an exterminator come and put down traps and sprays and all that lovely stuff. I guess this is what comes of living in a basement in DC. One of the main bugs (besides spiders, slugs, ants) are moths. They are constantly flying around everywhere; in my clothes, in my face, all up in my biz-nass. You can imagine my shock and horror after I have been on the subway for 20 minutes this morning when a moth flies out of my purse. Embarassment #1.

Saturday I went to dinner with two of my gal pals. After dinner we met up with more friends at Caddies for a cocktail in Bethesda. I then left Bethesda and went back into the city to meet up with Amanda at Tattoo Bar. Upon entering, I meet up with Amanda in the restroom line and the owner asks us if we would like to sit on the private balcony. Obvi!!!!!. Hand me a bottle of Grey Goose and smack me silly! I walk up the stairs and onto the balcony to find none other than Capitals hockey star/stud/god Mr. Alex Ovechkin! He introduced himself as "Ryan" to us, which I found sort of odd but hey I can roll with the best of them. I mean shit I got my first black eye at the age of 11 playing street hockey. So if you're interested in a role-play type situation, Mr Ovechkin, we can sure work something out!

At this point, I discover something new about myself. I get mute around celebrities. Like a bumbling retard, I cant speak. I was about as taken aback as the time I first noticed I had vericose veins. I stood in the corner dancing by myself while Amanda did all the talking. She's pretty good at charming the pants off people; literally. I, on the other hand, was trying to do some sexy, provacative moves but looking back on it...I probably looked like a drunken episode of intervention. Picture it: Arms flailing in the air grabbing things in it's grasp; the ceiling, the D.J., the crowd. After about 10 minutes of my Elaine Benes thrusts they kicked us out and threw in a batch of new girls. Ego buster/Embarassment #2.

Can I complain about my co-worker really fast? Thanks. It's just because he keeps interrupting my bloggins. His last name is Gafeller (pronounced GAY-feller). For REALS, I kid you not! He comes in the office and just stands there and doesnt speak, mute if you will, sort of like me and Mr. Ovechkin. He stares and breathes LOUDLY through his nose. He has three phrases he says and thats it.

1. Havin' fun yet? I told him I AM NOT AND WILL NEVER respond to this question EVER again, yet he still asks me if Im "havin' fun yet" 472.3 times a day. I just look at him with a blank stare.
2. Alrighty then! Its annoying from Ace Ventura and its even more annoying coming from you. He always says this when he is exiting the room. It usually constitutes an eye roll from me.
3. Yippee!!!!!...what are you 5?

He argues EVERYTHING with you and is a major Debbie Downer. Thanks for listening guys and sorry my rants never have anything to do with previous topics.

ALLLLLLLLLLLLRRRRRRRRRRRRI
IIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYY THEN! -I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment