Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Three Things.

1. I have bathroom relief for approximately 2 weeks and couldnt be happier. "The Culprit," as we will now refer to him, has gone home to the motherland for two weeks!

2. I mentioned before that my neighborhood is a tad ghetto fab. Well it's turning into an episode of Homicide: Life on the streets. I say this mainly because there has been a homicide on my street. I know this because I walked by this tree that was covered, leaves to roots, in stuffed animals. Usually seeing this sort of scene would make one think; car accident. We've all seen them on the side of the road with the crosses, flowers, teddy bears, etc. I also knew it was a shooting because I heard it said in a passing conversation. There were TONS of middle school aged children hanging around the memorial and I heard one say "yeah yo, those bitches shot him and ran like a motherfucker."

For some reason, this didn't scare me at all. I guess it really didn't sink in until I walked by today and there was a reward on the tree along with all the memorial paraphernalia. REWARD: $25,000 to anyone with substantial information regarding the homicide of this person (picture).

This brings me to another thought. A baffling one at that. Let's discuss memorials of unfortunate deaths such as a shooting or car accident. Flowers, I get. Crosses, Im right there with you. Teddy bears and other stuffed animals, I do not understand. What are we at a carnival? Six Flags? What is up with all the oversized, flourescent kiddie toys? The person that passed, at least in this homicide situation, was not a child. I feel like the street vendor across the street should switch from hot dogs to cotton candy and funnell cakes. Shit, let's send a 3 ring circus down the street while we're at it.

3. I feel sorry for anyone that crosses paths with my PMS alter ego today...I feel real bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment